“Other things may change us, but we start and end with family” Anthony Brandt

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday, 6/26/11

I saw Mom this afternoon, and she was much more responsive, though it's a relative thing. She seems to have gone through a strictly incommunicado phase, but she's talking again in response to questions, and even volunteered a few thoughts. I told her Meryl would be visiting in July, and that in August, our kids from the West Coast were coming. she asked "What do I have to do?" I told her there was nothing she had to do, just to rest and be comfortable, and we would take care of everything. I asked her if there was anything I should do for her, and she said "Pose for a picture and be beautiful." I asked "I should, you should, or both?" And she said both. So I took a picture of her with my camera phone, with me leaning into the frame. Well, we both looked at it but I don't think it was very comforting, given the more-than-usual silence that followed... or it might have just been more than-usual-conversation just prior, for all I know. We did talk a bit more about the weather here in Virginia (it's been hot, but it was nice and cool in her room,) and I told her I'd bring the guitar again next visit. For everyone who's sent letters and cards, the first order of business is always mail call, so please know that your correspondence is received. All our best to the family and friends we've gotten to correspond more with since this started,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment