“Other things may change us, but we start and end with family” Anthony Brandt

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Well that was an interesting experience we all could have lived without!!

Quick earthquake report - everyone's fine. I called Woodbine as soon as I could get a line out and Estelle is fine. They felt the quake and had some shaking but no damage and they did not have to evacuate or move any of their patients or staff.

Dan and I lost a few pictures - everything fell off of the walls, dressers and end tables. Some of the books got shaken out of the bookcase. We had to evacuate our condo building for about 3 hours because they feared structural damage. There are some ceiling and wall cracks but apparently we've been pronounced sound enough to return.

And so I am back inside now cleaning up. Dan's building was also evacuated in DC. I still cannot talk to him by cell phone or land line but we can text and he will be leaving work shortly. Trains are not running well, however, so I don't know exactly when or how he'll be getting home.

Who ever heard of earthquakes in DC????

No comments:

Post a Comment