“Other things may change us, but we start and end with family” Anthony Brandt

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sat. 7/23 - Sun. 7/24

A very brief note today. Saturday I spent a good deal of time with Mom again, and she is back to talking more. I think Laura's recent thought about the UTI connection to her silent periods is spot on. Of course her conversation is never fluid, but Mom was able to talk with me. We called over the pond to Marlene, and also talked to Merryl, and then Mom had had enough of the phone calls for the day. I played guitar for her for a long time, punctuated occasionally by rearrangements of chairs so her roommate could squeeze by. I left a little after five, and told her I'd bring a newspaper and read from it to her, and we could call Viv and Jenny, and she replied "the usual." Well, unfortunately the usual didn't work out so well. She was in the common dining hall when I came in, asleep in front of the television. I tried a bit to wake her, then waited for a little while just watching some inane movie about King Solomon's mines. She never did wake up today while I was there... but seemed to be having quite the satisfying nap.

Well, that's all for this week. I hope all are well, happy, and rested.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment