“Other things may change us, but we start and end with family” Anthony Brandt

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday, May 11. 2011

Lots of cards waiting for us today!! Mom was awake and enjoyed looking at and being read all of them.





There were also beautiful Mother's Day roses from Mark's family which I'd not seen before and which are still quite lovely









and a package from Meryl with the softest, prettiest, warmest socks I've ever seen.


Mom was awake and in a fairly good mood today. Not real talkative, but comfortable and clear voiced. She is looking forward to seeing Mark and Lea this weekend and kept asking me how many days, how many days? She proclaimed all of her cards as "lovely," and "how nice," and her socks were "wonderful!"

Her feeding site looks considerably better although it is still leaking a tiny bit.

Other than that, there's not much to say. It was a good visit and Estelle looked really good today. There was some color in her face and she was more animated than usual and more interested in her surroundings.

Most times she acts as though she does not know or remember who I am but when I came in today and woke her (the first time I've been there since Saturday) she immediately asked me where I'd been and told me it had been a long time since I'd come to see her.

When I was leaving I told her I'd be back either tomorrow or the day after that and she wanted to know exactly which one it was going to be. I told her I was unsure and she said, "Well, pick one and be here." I asked her if it mattered to her which one I picked and she said, "No," so I told her Friday - that way if I go tomorrow she will be surprised and if I do not go until Friday she will not be disappointed.

I think.

Anyhow, a good visit and I gave her good wishes from everyone who's sent them to her via Dan or I.

She said to tell you all "hello," and that is is very sweet of everyone to ask about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment