“Other things may change us, but we start and end with family” Anthony Brandt

Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday, April 8, 2011

**Sigh**

I wish I had more to say but Estelle slept through my entire 75 minute visit this morning. She had just come back from the shower and actually slept through having her fingernails cut while I was there. Her nurse said that he'd noticed she'd been sleeping a bit more than usual the past couple of days, too, so it bears watching.

Maybe we'll flip-flop our visit tomorrow and do errands in the morning and visit in the afternoon and we'll find her more awake.

Monday evening there is a "Family Council" meeting - we're not quite sure what it consists of, only that it is open to all family members and there will be a talk by the activities director as the main attraction, but Dan has asked for time off work so we can both attend.

I'm still running around trying to find maintenance people to actually hang the pictures on the walls. Not having much luck, either, for some reason.

It was kind of nice on Wednesday, however. We've got all the pictures that everyone's sent us framed in various picture frame collages. They're sitting on her dresser waiting to be hung. One of the nurse's aides was in the room after fixing Mom's mattress (the air was leaking out) and she said to me, "I talk to Mrs. Halberstein alot. I can tell by her pictures that she was an active friendly lady before she got sick. She looks so happy cooking in that one picture. It looks like she liked people alot so I talk to her even if she doesn't seem to be listening."

It made me realize that although we put together the pictures to help Mom remember they are also helping to make other people know her a little bit better, too.

Maybe Dan and I will just bring a hammer and a few nails ourselves tomorrow.

I mean, what are they going to do to us?

Shabbat Shalom to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment