“Other things may change us, but we start and end with family” Anthony Brandt

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's a little embarassing to be so brief but there's not much I can say about today's visit.

I went a bit later today (being an old meanie, I had refused to drive Dan to the train station in the morning) and I got to Woodbine around 11AM instead of my customary post-drop off time of 9AM. I walked in and before I could even say hello, Mom opened her eyes, looked at me, said, "Oh Thank God you're here - now I can sleep," and sleep she did - instantly and completely - snoring and all.

I stayed until 12:15 thinking that she might wake up but she did not.

I did notice, on my way out, that the bulletin board in the lobby has pictures of Neil Diamond singing to the residents in the first floor day room. Apparently he was there as a favor to someone he knew for a birthday party sometime a few weeks ago.

He was a fake, but still......It would have been fun to hear Sweet Caroline or Song Sung Blue again.

We have to pay more attention to the activities which take place. Today there was a guitar player singing in Mom's "day room," and if I had known I could have come earlier and taken her down in the chair to listen. I could hear him from her room and he was, all in all, a pretty good singer - rousing old songs like "Billy Bailey," "Old Man River," and "On the Sunny Side of the Street."

Ah well, maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment