“Other things may change us, but we start and end with family” Anthony Brandt

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spent an hour or so with Estelle earlier today. She slept through the entire visit. I think she's just plain worn-out.

Virtually all outward signs of infection are gone. Her eye is cleared up, the rash on both arms and her left hand is just about totally gone. There is a lot of swelling in both of her hands currently but it appears to be more from IVs infiltrating than from any disease process. Both hands are badly bruised - the antibiotic she was on is notoriously hard on the vein and her skin and veins are fragile to begin with.

It sounds silly to say that she did not look "right," but that's about all I can honestly say. I am unable to put my finger on what seems different, I just feel that it's different.

The nurses say she's been fine. She is not complaining of pain or anything else. She's not any more or less talkative than usual with them and they turn her and check her frequently and they assure me that they have not noticed a change of any sort so maybe it is just me.

Most likely she is just exhausted from infection and from her days in the hospital and the testing and everything else which changed her routine.

Hopefully she will continue to rest easy and give her body and mind a chance to heal in it's own way at it's own pace. I did not try very hard to wake her today because she seemed to be sleeping so peacefully that I did not have the heart to disturb her.

No comments:

Post a Comment